Simplifying Bone Grafting Using the Piezotome 2
Presenter: Dr. John Russo
CE Credits: 1 CEU (Self-Study)
Sign Up Now »
(No charge for this on-demand webinar)
• Understand the difference between cutting bone with a conventional bur, bone saw and piezo electric technology.
• Identify which piezo electric tips are appropriate for each procedure.
• Demonstrate settings for different densities of bone found in the mouth.
• Explain how using Piezotome 2 will conserve bone harvesting for block grafts compared to a conventional rotary instrument.
Appreciate the safety of using Piezotome 2 close to vital soft tissue
structures including the posterior superior alveolar artery and the
• Understand how to minimize sinus membrane
perforations by using the Piezotome 2 to make the lateral window for a
sinus bone graft.
• Compare removing a failing implant or tooth with a trephine or rotary instrument vs. Piezotome 2.